The Estonian real estate market offers many possibilities for both rental and purchase with a broad price range. There are a great number of real estate agencies, which usually charge a fee in the amount of one month’s rent. Some major portals for finding real estate for rental or sales are:
Real Estate Web (Kinnisvaraweb) Language choice from homepage. Default: Estonian
City24 Real Estate Language selection from homepage. Default: Estonian
Visitestonia.com. Accommodation offers selection between hotels and hostels for a shorter stay to guest apartments for longer renting periods.
You can also find real estate through newspaper advertisements. In the case of renting a house or flat, the costs for water, electricity etc are usually added to the stated price.
Several Estonian universities also offer possibilities for accommodation at student dormitories. Their advantage is cheapness and generally also closeness to the university buildings. Most of the student dormitories have been recently renovated. Information about the dormitories can be found on the web-pages of the universities:
- University of Tartu. Tartu Student Village
- Tallinn University. Accommodation
- Tallinn University of Technology. Accommodation
- Estonian University of Life Sciences. Student accommodation
In case you want to buy a house or a flat, before deciding find out:
- Is the apartment association active?
- Who are the neighbours?
- What are the plans for construction in the neighbourhood?
- What is the condition of the roof?
- Have the technical systems (pipes and electrical system) been replaced?
- How high are the heating costs?